I’ve made a few improvements to my Drupal blogging client, first spoken about here. It now has the ability to publish and unpublish posts, delete posts, and create and edit free tags (folksonomy). The free tagging feature requires a module that I’ve packaged up for parsing tags in the post body - just waiting on permission from the author of the sample code I modified before posting that. Hopefully it’ll be coming soon!
There are two new commands - :PublishPost and :SavePost. (:w still publishes a post, as before) Unfortunately, the drupal blogapi does not expose whether a post is published or not, so I had to resort to modifying the post title to show the post status. Hacky, but it works!
I ran across a couple of very nice tools for working with xmlrpc while I was trying to get this all to work. First off is a great little tool called XML-RPC Client - it’s just a Mac Os X (Cocoa) tool that lets you make an xmlrpc call, view the generated xml, and view the returned results as xml and a struct.
Second, I found this proxy script written in python - it made debugging much, much easier...
Without further ado, here is the newest version of drupal_blog.vim. As before, you will need to apply add1sun’s patch from http://drupal.org/node/224006 to make the blog API work basically at all, and you’ll need my patch from http://drupal.org/node/243907 for file/image uploads to work.